Location：Home Page > Archive Archive
These 3 uses of capacitors cannot be understood
Capacitors are commonly used for following three purposes. Tantalum capacitors are also used for same purpose as capacitor type.
Using Energy Storage
Uses battery power.
When load current increases due to a momentary power outage or a rapid increase in IC drive speed, line voltage of power supply drops, which can cause IC to fail. To prevent failure, charge stored in capacitor when power line is normal is supplied to IC side to temporarily maintain power line voltage.
Uses AC characteristics.
To ensure a stable DC voltage, remove external inductive noise imposed on power line and high frequency noise caused by high-speed circuit excitation. For general supply chains.
Remove DC bias voltage from front circuit and only pass AC signal voltage to back circuit.
Commonly used in audio circuits.
The structure of a tantalum capacitor
Tantalum is name of a metal that comes from Tartarus, god of depths in Greek mythology.
Tantalum capacitors use lead frames to form electrodes at both ends of the tantalum element, which are sealed with molding resin.
- These 3 uses of capacitors cannot be understood
- Can you answer these questions about using capacitors?
- Why can't crystal oscillator be placed on edge of the PCB?
- If you don't know characteristics of these 5 power amps, you are wrong...
- Case analysis! Why can't crystal oscillator be placed on edge of PCB?
- Why always put two 0.1uF and 0.01uF capacitors in the circuit?
- Why are there always two capacitors in circuit 0.1uF and 0.01uF?
- How did BUCK scheme come about? Application: 3 kinds of evolutionary chains
- PCB puzzle, these few special rules!
- With these two schematics, PCB design is easy!
- How to effectively use an oscilloscope? Even senior engineers overlook these details...
- Why did your 4.7uF capacitor become 0.33uF? too weird
- What is power supply ripple, how to measure their magnitude and how to suppress?
- What are ripples, harmonics and noise?
- A detailed explanation of role of pull-up resistors on triodes and MOS lamps.
- You will understand difference between input impedance and output impedance after reading this article!
- Understand Current Detection Circuit in One Article
- 15 interesting schemes 555