These 3 uses of capacitors cannot be understood
Capacitors are commonly used for following three purposes. Tantalum capacitors are also used for same purpose as capacitor type.
Using Energy Storage
Uses battery power.
When load current increases due to a momentary power outage or a rapid increase in IC drive speed, line voltage of power supply drops, which can cause IC to fail. To prevent failure, charge stored in capacitor when power line is normal is supplied to IC side to temporarily maintain power line voltage.
Uses AC characteristics.
To ensure a stable DC voltage, remove external inductive noise imposed on power line and high frequency noise caused by high-speed circuit excitation. For general supply chains.
Remove DC bias voltage from front circuit and only pass AC signal voltage to back circuit.
Commonly used in audio circuits.
The structure of a tantalum capacitor
Tantalum is name of a metal that comes from Tartarus, god of depths in Greek mythology.
Tantalum capacitors use lead frames to form electrodes at both ends of the tantalum element, which are sealed with molding resin.
- What is drowning in gold? Why Shen Jin?
- This is a metaphor for EMI/EMS/EMC that can be understood at a glance.
- How many types of pads have you seen in PCB design?
- Summary of Common PCB Repair Techniques
- What is three anti-paint? How to use it correctly?
- Knowing these rules, you will not get confused looking at circuit diagram.
- How to make anti-interference PCB design?
- Can diodes do this?